Shepherd of the Coast Lutheran Church was born in July 2004 as the result of the union of Grace and Peace Lutheran Churches. In 2008, Hope Lutheran merged into Shepherd of the Coast. We have been led by the Holy Spirit in Word and Sacrament to share the Good News of salvation through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
From our highly visible location on East Commercial Boulevard, we have touched the lives of many adults and children through our church and school ministries. Through worship, education, prayer, fellowship, and community service we thank and praise, serve, and obey our God who makes all things in life possible.
The Lutheran Church began in 1530. Shepherd of the Coast Lutheran Church is a member of the Lutheran Church “ Missouri Synod which has some 6,300 congregations throughout the world. We are a church that takes our teachings from the Bible, the Word of God. It is the source of what we teach because it is the inspired word of God that contains no errors. We strive to live out our gratitude to our Savior for the gift of eternal life and the privilege of sharing this message with all people.