If you live in Florida, and your child turns 4 four years of age by September 1, your child is eligible to participate in Florida's FREE Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) education program. Shepherd of the Coast Learning Center is a certified VPK provider for the 2014-2015 school year, so don't wait enroll your child in the free VPK program today.
For enrollment information, go to http://www.familycentral.org/ or call 954.772.5468 during business hours.
Benefits of early education and the VPK program
- The most important growth and development in the brain happens by the age of five.
- The early years are the learning years.
- A child's ability to be attentive and to follow directions emerges in the early years.
- Structured early learning fosters these abilities for later success in school and in life.
- Pre-K prepares children to be ready for school. Children who participate in high-quality early childhood education programs develop better language skills, score higher in school-readiness tests and have better social skills and fewer behavioral problems once they enter school.
- They are also better prepared for Kindergarten, especially in the areas of pre-reading, pre-math and social skills.
- Pre-K promotes a love of learning in children.